21st Century Capabilities and Careers Program
The goal is to help students, parents and teachers to look beyond what they think they know in relation to future careers, capabilities and job roles over 2016-2030. This is captured in a 21st Century Capability Framework delivered through a cutting edge program covering careers and jobs.
For our partners this means taking a leading role locally, nationally and internationally linked to your Strategic Plan including:
- Impact of the internet on communication and learning
- Continued acceleration in knowledge generation and the development of deep conceptual learning
- Government focus on Innovation and STEM
- Increase in global travel and communications
- Changes to the Senior School Certificate and research components
The aims of the program is for participants to be:
- future job ready when graduating school or university out to 2030
- motivated and inspired about future possibilities and opportunities including entrepreneurship
- desirable, highly sought after employees with transformational knowledge and understanding of future employer and workforce requirements
- able to adapt as jobs and careers continue to change enabled by 21st Century capabilities
The learning outcomes for program include:
- Capabilities – Build future capabilities aligned to the horizons of 2020, 2025 and 2030.
- Careers – Experience different careers trucks from now to 2030 with insight into job roles, industry sectors and workplaces.
- Employment/Jobs – Understand employment trends and where the future job roles will be in a global labour market.
- Entrepreneurship – Foster an entrepreneurial mindset and capabilities with knowledge of a lean startup approach.
- Technologies – Invent and apply cutting edge and immersive technologies developing capabilities and challenging what is possible.
- STEM – See clearly where Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) sits within future jobs, careers, and develop skills and capabilities to match requirements.
The 21st Century Capability Framework covers 9 capabilities:
- Adaptability and Emotional Management
- Communication and Influence
- Digital and Social
- Cultural and Global
- Purpose and Vision
- Learning and Mastery
- Intelligence and Imagination
- 21st Century STEM
- Career and Workforce
Delivery of the program includes the following components:
- Real Day Out (RDO) tours
- 21st Century Capabilities, Careers and Jobs Conference (1 day)
- Learning Studies
- Open nights
- Parent and student networking nights
- Professional development for staff
- The Business Wealth Games + showcase
- 21st Century Careers Resource Package* delivered monthly
- Program planning and review
- Mapping to national curriculum and frameworks including the ACARA General Capabilities and BCA’s Being Work Ready: A Guide to What Employers Want.
Components of the 21st Century Careers Resource Package* include:
- ‘A day in the life of…’ videos
- Blogs and case studies – students, parents, employers, teachers
- Interviews (live at events), podcasts and videos
- Social media posts and memes (Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter)
On student engagement, there is a reference group that is helping to inform the activities, technologies and learning methodologies for the program taking a co-design approach. Managing the student interface is Jessica from Career BluePrint an award winning young entrepreneur.
For details of the specific activities and investment please contact Jessica Perry via firstname.lastname@example.org 0433 574 253, 08 387 9800 or Wendy Perry via email@example.com or 0416 150 491.